Thomason Law & Justice, PS, Brewster and Seattle, WA, Aug. 2012—Present
- Manage busy practice with two attorneys consisting of a variety of matters for business and individuals.
- Litigation counsel for construction, real estate, insurance, business, and family matters.
- Agriculture matters such as L&I compliance, leases, contracts, water rights, adverse possession, risk management, acquisitions and sales.
- Will drafting, probate administration, and transfer of real property.
- Personal injury for wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
- Misdemeanor and Felony Criminal defense.
Ashbaugh Beal, LLP, Seattle, WA, Mar. 2006—July 2012
Business, Commercial, and Construction Litigation
- Special emphasis on business collection, prejudgment remedies, alter ego, corporate disregard, and Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act. Practice philosophy is directed at uncovering the proper strategic leverage that compels or encourages compliance and resolution.
- Special Counsel to United States Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee and currently pursuing claims against corporate and individual debtors for fraudulent transfers.
- Areas of practice generally include commercial, real property, construction, bankruptcy adversary proceedings and contract disputes.
- Direct all phases of litigation, from client meeting to strategy development, mediation, settlement, and final execution procedures.
- Draft pleadings for all phases of litigation including complaints, answers and defenses, counter and cross claims, oppositions and replies, motions to remove, consolidate, amend, disqualify, disgorge fees, contempt, sanctions, show cause, compel, attorneys’ fees, vacate, summary judgment, appeal, injunction, etc.
- Independently manage all phases of discovery, including depositions, interrogatories, RFAs and RFPs, answers, objections, conferences, motions, subpoenas on commission, FOIA requests and the like.
King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Seattle, WA, Jan. 2005—Mar. 2006
Special Deputy Assistant Prosecutor, Criminal Division
- Prosecuted misdemeanor jury trials, bench trials, and co-chaired felony murder trials; managed cases from arraignment to sentencing, including Superior and District Court motions calendars, bail hearings, felony plea hearings, in-custody motions, and sentencing & arraignment calendars.
- Assisted in trial and trial prep for re-prosecution of defendants affected by In re Andress, which overturned felony murder convictions predicated on assault.
- Tracked and located over 175 witnesses in cases up to 30 years old, residing in 18 U.S states & Mexico; directed all out-of-state witness subpoenas.
- Taught two WSBA accredited CLEs for King County Prosecutors, and wrote guide for prosecutors and paralegals detailing witness tracking and location techniques.
- Databases: JIS, SCOMIS, FORS, OAC, JILS, IVIPS, Accurint, Securint.
“The Apprentice 3” NBC, Donald Trump; New York, NY, Fall 2004
“Final Four” Candidate
- Selected to compete for a job with Donald Trump out of more than 1 million interviewees; given 14 business-related tasks and access to limited resources in changing, fast-paced environments. Finished in the final four.
US Apple Association, Washington, D.C., Jan. - June 2001
- Coordinated USDA’s purchase of apples for inclusion in humanitarian food aid programs by resolving technical concerns in shipping logistics, protocols and export standards.
Maverick Orchards, Inc., Brewster, WA Spring-Fall, 1989-99
- Supervisor, interpreter, mechanic, welder, surveyor, heavy equipment operator.